The people who filled the voids...

I don't remember where or when or from whom I heard this quote, but through these past two months, I have thought of it often...

You will be the same person throughout your life, with the exception of the books you read and the people you meet.

I have been significantly changed by these angel children...they have taught me the power of unconditional love. I have been touched by its purity and somehow now understand its healing power... I cannot put into words how I feel about these little people or explain the depth of the holes they have filled in me... probably because they are holes that I didn't even know I had. I will forever and ever remember their little faces and personalities and wonder how they're making out in Santa Maria, or elsewhere hopefully. I already know that recalling that swelling of your heart feeling will be easy because every time I look at one of the photos, I feel it. I will be eternally grateful for the lessons they have taught me about the world and about the power of helping other people and about the strength of the human spirit... relative to me, they have literally nothing material, yet have nothing short of bundles of energy and loads of love. This is a collection of some photos of the kids...snapshots of their sparkling eyes and smiles that prove that language is never really a barrier... Enjoy...










Comments

  1. i don't have much money, but i'd love to help in some way, so if you ever need a helping hand here in california, id love it if you'd think of me.
    kendall tardy
    19/f/ca
    kendosan@live.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment